Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I was a Victim of Identity Theft

Recently, I discovered just how bad identity theft can hurt someone. I recently discovered I was the victim of identity theft. To make the story bizarre, it was myself who did the stealing. That's right; I was the victim and the perpetrator. As the comic strip character says, "I have met the enemy and he is me".
For some time, we've been talking about having an identity crisis. We 'are' having a crisis when we resist the flow of Life through us, but it is because we've had our identities stolen, or at least our perception of our identity. In those times, we don't know who we are, thinking that we are what we do, or some other thought or action.

When we cover ourselves with a mask, all we are doing is attempting to control our circumstances, usually protecting ourselves from pain through worldly means. We are also saying loud and clear that we don't like ourselves and we don't trust that we are fearfully and wonderfully made, special.  Some persons in the Body of Christ like to use titles or ministry to identify themselves over others who haven't yet arrived, apparantly because we find it difficult to separate ourselves from a function.  Not only am I fearfully and wonderfully made, I am one with Eternal God. I am free and so are you. The rub is, sometimes we just don't know it.


The truth is that my true identity cannot be stolen but it can be covered by worldly identities, effectively making myself a child, even though I am an heir.  The life force in you is the force 'behind' your actions, thoughts and efforts. Your actions, thoughts and efforts are not your identity. Your sum total of your past experiences does not make your identity.


Have you had your identity stolen? Who stole it? I'll bet if you are honest, you'll join me in saying it's my own disbelief that has hindered me. Pointing fingers won't help. Being who you are is the only way into peace.  Be honest and confess your now.  Be still and know that God is God. When we are finally still, we start to see there is no separation between us and our God. He has bridged the great divide.
 
I am one with Eternal God.
I AM,
David
 
view this blog and many more at http://davidnroberts.blogspot.com/ or http://restorationhouse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

God loves me's Fan Box

God loves me on Facebook