Bookmark and Share

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hypocrisy isn't in the Name of My God

I hate hypocrisy! The origin of the word 'hypocrite' actually means to act as in a play on stage. I truly desire for you and I to be who we are, through and through. That's is God's desire as well.


Listening to all the arguments in the world today would nearly drive a sane person to believe the best route for humanity were to play 'the game'. It's very amusing to see the world come to an end as we know it. Politics and seeing what personal attacks well meaning people can resort, just makes me sick.

Have we forgotten that God loves ALL people? This includes Obama, Bush, Hitler, Palin, John the Baptist, You and I. If you say you are better than any of these listed, you might want to tread carefully on the thin ice your walking. God can even change the “christian” minister, although most leaders are harder for God to reach than the person living their life without regrets. God says that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. God also says that He paid the price to make us 'right' with Him. Regardless how you view it, if you are believing God, this does not give you a personal license to throw stones and personally attack those who handle life's choices differently than you might. And it doesn't mean their lifestyle choices are any of your business.

Okay, so there are differences in opinion as to how to handle some issues. I encourage everyone to speak their mind about any issue they want. If you think I'm asking you to change your behavior, that's not at all the point of this writing. I am simply saying you might want to drop whose name you say you are doing it in, because it isn't in the name of my God, some of the condemnation spoken in the name of 'Christ'.

Frankly, I wouldn't care if 'In God we trust' were taken off our money, if it isn't in our hearts. The greater issue is actually trusting in God, not writing it on our money. Actually trusting God results in true love for our neighbor as thyself.

God isn't trying to get you to 'act' in any manner. God is after your heart. He wants to show you first hand how wonderful Heaven on Earth can be.  Through all life's trouble, God is inviting you into a Real relationship, where you aren't acting, but rather, simply being who you are.

I Am, David
view this blog and many more at http://davidnroberts.blogspot.com/ or http://restorationhouse.com/ 
recommended reading: (Matthew 6:33) (Gen. 1:26-27 NIV) (I John) (II John) (III John)

No comments:

Post a Comment

God loves me's Fan Box

God loves me on Facebook